Village Creed Terms and Conditions was updated on May 16th, 2022.
Welcome to the Terms and Conditions (Terms). These Terms are between you and The Village Creed, LLC ("TVC", "villagecreed.com") and govern our respective rights and obligations.
Note: Village Creed www.villagecreed.com is the parent company of Village Paths www.villagepaths.com . Village Creed sets the legal standard for Paths and all other products under the umbrella of Village Creed. All "Terms and Conditions" details below related to Village Creed are also identical to the product of Paths and its usages.--------------------------
2. Access to this siteTo access this site and the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this site that all the information you provide on this site will be correct, current, and complete. If Company believes, in its sole discretion, that the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, Company has the right to refuse you access to this site or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time.
4. Personal and noncommercial use limitationUnless you represent an Organization, the Company's website(s) and Services are for your personal and noncommercial use, unless otherwise specified. You may not use this site for any other purpose, including any commercial purpose, without Company's express prior written consent. You may not modify, copy, distribute, display, send, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, content, software, products or services obtained from or otherwise connected to Company's website(s) and Services.
6. HyperlinksThis site may be hyperlinked to other sites which are not maintained by, or related to, Company. Hyperlinks to such sites are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by or affiliated with this site or Company. Company has not reviewed, and will not review, any or all of such sites and is not responsible for the content of those sites. Company is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any hyperlinked site. Hyperlinks are to be accessed at the user's own risk, and Company makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness or accuracy of these hyperlinks or the sites hyperlinked to this site. Company provides hyperlinks as a convenience, and the inclusion of any hyperlink to a third-party site does not necessarily imply endorsement by Company of that site or any association with its operators.
7. Use of communication servicesCompany's website(s) and Services may contain forums, bulletin board services, chat areas, message boards, news groups, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to allow you to communicate with the Internet community or with a group (collectively, "Communications Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and content that are proper and related to the Services.
Among other actions, when using a Communication Service, you agree that you will not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this site any material that:you do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party, such as files containing software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity);advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act;is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent;does not pertain directly to this site or violates the Village Creed Community Guidelines;threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;harvests or otherwise collects information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is permissible uploaded;unless your use is for a registered Organization, advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorized on this site;unless your use is for a registered Organization, solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;includes programs that contain viruses, worms and/or Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via this site;amounts to a "pyramid" or other like scheme, including contests, chain letters, and surveys;disobeys any policy or regulations including any code of conduct or other guidelines, established from time to time regarding use of this site or any networks connected to this site; orcontains hyperlinks to other sites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your submissions. You acknowledge and agree that neither Company nor any third party that provides Content to Company will assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Company or such third party with respect to any submission. Company cautions you against giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. Company does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, consequently, Company specifically disclaims any liability with respect to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service.
9. DisclaimerYou understand that Company cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this site for any reconstruction of any lost data. Company does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.The Content is not necessarily complete and up-to-date and should not be used to replace any written reports, statements, or notices provided by Company.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE, OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND COMPANY MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU, AND NOT COMPANY, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES, THIS SITE, OR ITS CONTENT. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
All of the information in this site, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on this site, and Company does not undertake any obligation to update such information after it is posted or to remove such information from this site if it is not, or is no longer accurate or complete.
Village Creed provides Organizations the opportunity to find volunteers and supporters through the platform, and individual users to find opportunities to volunteer and support Organizations. You agree and acknowledge that Village Creed does not, and will not, control, monitor, investigate, or otherwise endorse the Organizations that use the Service. Similarly, Village Creed does not perform any background checks or have any information other than what a user provides about themselves on the website. YOU AGREE THAT VILLAGE CREED WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, COST, DAMAGE, OR OTHER LIABILITY OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY INVOLVEMENT WITH AN ORGANIZATION OR USER, OR AS THE RESULT OF THE PRESENCE OF SUCH PARTIES ON THE SERVICES AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST VILLAGE CREED ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN A USER AND ORGANIZATION.
10. Limitation of liability and releaseCOMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE GREATER OF $100 OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO COMPANY FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT OR SERVICE OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
You hereby release Company, our officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from (i) any interactions with other Village Creed users (including volunteer opportunities), or (ii) your participation in any volunteer activities or activities arising from or related to your use of the Services.
If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor".
11. Termination or restriction of accessCompany reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to any or all of Company's website[s] and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
13. Trademarks and copyrightsTrademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works appearing in this site are the property of Company or the party that provided the trademarks, services marks, logos, and copyrighted works to Company. Company and any party that provided trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works to Company retain all rights with respect to any of their respective trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works appearing in this site.
All contents of Company's website[s] are: Copyright © 2022 Company/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the Service Provider's Designated Agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE.
14. Security Any passwords used for this site are for individual use only. You will be responsible for the security of your password (if any). Company will be entitled to monitor your password and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a password that Company considers insecure, Company will be entitled to require the password to be changed and/or terminate your account.
A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.Notwithstanding the foregoing, any additional terms and conditions on this site will govern the items to which they pertain.